Lord, what word do you have for me today?
Jesus sacrificed for us and in all our trials, there is HOPE in salvation from our sin.
WHAT TO GIVE UP FOR LENT:
GIVE UP GRUMBLING.
Instead - "In everything, give thanks."
GIVE UP 10-15 MINUTES IN BED.
Instead - use that time in prayer.
GIVE UP LOOKING AT OTHER PEOPLE'S WORST POINTS.
Instead - concentrate on their best points.
GIVE UP SPEAKING UNKINDLY.
Instead - let your speech be generous and understanding.
GIVE UP YOUR WORRIES.
Instead - trust God with them.
GIVE UP HATRED OR DISLIKE OF ANYONE.
Instead - learn to love.
GIVE UP TELEVISION ONE EVENING A WEEK.
Instead - visit some lonely or sick person.
GIVE UP BUYING ANYTHING BUT ESSENTIALS FOR YOURSELF.
Instead - give that money to God's work or someone in need.
AS GOD'S CHOSEN PEOPLE
Cloth yourselves with...
- bear with each other
- forgive whatever grievances...as the Lord forgives you
- put on love
- let peace of Christ rule in your hearts
- be thankful
- let word of Christ dwell in you richly
- teach/admonish with wisdom
- SING psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs - with gratitude in your hearts TO GOD
- and whatever you do, in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God THROUGH HIM.
- that God will raise up people to pray for Carl Myhre and provide his funding for him, as he needs to raise his own support.
- that God would speak through Carl so that his words and actions would be a blessing to the people of Vietnam.
- that God would be with him during the time of school work, moving, and adjusting.
St. Paul Says In...
- Romans 15:31, "Pray...that my service for Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints."
- Ephesians 6:19, "Pray...also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel."
- Colossians 4:4, "Pray...that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak."
- Romans 15:31, "Pray...that I may be delivered from the unbelievers in Judea."
- Collossians 4:3, "At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison."
- 2 Thessalonians 3:1, "Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happen among you."