Lord, what word do you have for me today?
“Everyone will know that you are my disciples because of your love for each other.” (John 13:35)
Our service to others is not based on who we are, but what Jesus can do through us. God loves us in so many ways. He feeds us, clothes us, and provides for our physical needs. He also gives us strength when times are tough and comforts us when we experience loss. He’s there when we succeed and when we fail. He shows this unprecedented love through the sacrifice of His Son for us. Our actions flow out of the realization that Jesus did it. He died for us. He gives us life eternal. He empowers us with His presence. God is at work through our acts done in love. Let the love that God has for you and me reflect in our actions. And don’t be afraid to "Think Outside of the Box." Jesus challenges us to show God’s love at work.
AS GOD'S CHOSEN PEOPLE
Cloth yourselves with...
- bear with each other
- forgive whatever grievances...as the Lord forgives you
- put on love
- let peace of Christ rule in your hearts
- be thankful
- let word of Christ dwell in you richly
- teach/admonish with wisdom
- SING psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs - with gratitude in your hearts TO GOD
- and whatever you do, in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God THROUGH HIM.
- that God will raise up people to pray for Carl Myhre and provide his funding for him, as he needs to raise his own support.
- that God would speak through Carl so that his words and actions would be a blessing to the people of Vietnam.
- that God would be with him during the time of school work, moving, and adjusting.
St. Paul Says In...
- Romans 15:31, "Pray...that my service for Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints."
- Ephesians 6:19, "Pray...also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel."
- Colossians 4:4, "Pray...that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak."
- Romans 15:31, "Pray...that I may be delivered from the unbelievers in Judea."
- Collossians 4:3, "At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison."
- 2 Thessalonians 3:1, "Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happen among you."